You have free time and the desire for a simple DIY project, where children can participate. Making Leporello is the answer!
What is a Leporello?
Some may wonder what a Leporello is. This is a technique whereby the leaves are folded like a concertina. If desired, an envelope will be added so that the Leporello looks like a real book.
What can a Leporello serve?
Since the Victorian era, this book has many applications:
- Illustrated children's books
- Postcard series
- Photo albums
- The latest application - folding flyers
What are the advantages of this booklet?
- First, it is very easy to work out.
- Second, the whole story can be followed at once.
- Third, it serves as a beautiful decoration, if open
Here's a simple crafting tutorial for Leporello's book!
- Oblong sheet of paper
- Illustrated or drawings
What are you doing:
- First, decide which design you want to create. Read a story or make up your own mind.
- Fold the paper in regular intervals. Fold in the middle and then again until you reach the right size and number of pages.
- Then open the book again and start to realize the project.
- Either you can paint your story or, if you do not feel like it, cut out and paste finished pictures from the magazines. Leave the top and bottom sides free for the envelope.
- Small inscriptions can also be added.
- The best drawings can be used as an envelope or stick colorful paper on it.
- It's so easy to have an illustrated leporello like this one in the picture.
Making Leporello is so funny
You can also make a DIY gift with Leporello Photo Book. Here is the guide:
What do you need:
- photo corners
How do you do everything:
- Cut the paper in the middle and glue the two pieces together so that it becomes oblong.
- Fold in every 10 cm.
- Glue the photo corners after measuring the size and length of the pictures.
- Attach the pictures.
- Cut out a small hole for the tape.
- Fold, tie and a gift is ready.
Leporello were based on a gift
You can also create folders with different applications and design. Tutorial lets you create flyers in Word, but Adobe Illustrator is the best choice. The main steps:
- Determine the layout of your flyers! It is best to add 3 mm on all sides of standard A4. Then save the document as a PDF.
- Design your design. Depending on the program you can apply different features.
- Have the flyers expressed in pugnacity.
- At the end you fold as you wish and you have personalized Leporello for playing or advertising.
A fun and useful video
Flyers fold for advertising
Leporello delights most of the children. You can help the little one with the folding and then you paint after her Wusch. The end products can be quite amazing.
What did the children design themselves?
An abstract story
A gift for the best friend
Making leporello is also an art
With a small punch you can create these effects
Small Leporello with photos
Instructions on how to make an envelope for the book itself
A surprise for the beloved teacher
Faltbücher - old and new
Think up a design yourself!
The Leporello tell a story
Black or colorful?
My first Leporello
Birds are a popular subject
Have fun crafting!